Progress Toward a More Sustainable Jones Healthcare Group
Organization Commits to 25% Reduction in Greenhouse Gas Emissions With Launch of Its Latest Sustainability Report
London, ON — Jones Healthcare Group, a market leader in advanced packaging and medication dispensing solutions, has released the latest edition of its corporate sustainability report. With an eye on climate and carbon footprint, the company has committed to a 25% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
“We focused our business on health segments to contribute to the greater well-being of society over two years ago, at the same time adopting a sustainability focus around the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals,” notes Chris Jones Harris, Principal, Corporate Development. “Understanding the sustainability issues that impact our stakeholders was a crucial first step for our journey. Today, we’re monitoring, measuring and refining our approach to address those issues and make progress toward firm goals.”
The report focuses on how Jones Healthcare has advanced in the areas of environment, social responsibility, business modelling and innovation, highlighting several initiatives and accomplishments across the business such as:
- Waste – diverting 87% of non-hazardous waste from landfills in 2021.
- Energy – achieving 100% renewable electricity at one of its manufacturing facilities.
- Product lifecycle – launching a series of new medication adherence products using widely recyclable PET plastic made from sugar waste.
- Research and development – a study confirmed the company’s CpaX™ connected medication adherence system makes positive impacts for older adults with chronic conditions. These findings support existing literature describing the positive impact of medication adherence on health outcomes, while reducing medication waste and costs to healthcare systems.
- Supply chain – protecting essential packaging supply to enable pharmaceutical, nutrition and pharmacy product distribution through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Diversity – recognition as a woman-owned business making significant impacts in healthcare supply chain with a WEConnect International Rise to the Challenge Sector Award.
“As we continue to focus our business on solutions that advance wellness and support growth, we are equally focused on caring for our people and planet by reducing greenhouse gas emissions, integrating circular design principles, and building an organization where our team thrives,” adds Andrew Wong, Senior Manager, Corporate Sustainability. “We’re pleased to have taken significant steps forward, with more progress to follow.”